background

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Well, after this weekend I have seriously considered selling everything and becoming a farmer :) We had an awesome time in Nebraska with the Hunnicutts, and meeting Everett was a blast! He is SO darn cute! I really don't ever remember a time when Caleb was as calm and content as Everett is...but we wouldn't trade our son's "strong" personality for anything. Holding 8 lb Everett brought back so many memories of when Caleb was tiny..and a few tears~ It seems like yesterday:

















And now, already:
















About an hour from KC Daniel asked me to get a blanket out of the diaper bag. "Where did you put the diaper bag?" "Didn't you put it in the car?" "I thought you did"....after all of our planning and packing we forgot the DIAPER BAG! We were left with no wipes, no extra change of clothes, no pacifier, etc! So we had to go straight to Target to buy all the necessities.
Here are some other highlights from our weekend: Riding in the tractor! Eating at Texas T-Bone (and yes, there was a huge metal bull in front of the restaurant), meeting precious baby Everett, hanging out with Zach and Anna and getting a taste of their new life, and enjoying several hours of uninterrupted conversation with my husband in the car while Caleb slept.
Daniel and I were truly inspired by the lives of our friends. We feel encouraged to look at our own lives, simplify a bit, and focus on what really recharges our souls.

No comments: