Dear Ellie,
For such a sweet little face, you have one of the strongest personalities of anyone I know! These 5 years have been such a joy, watching you grow (3.5 inches just this year!), and learn, and stake your claim as queen of the castle (after me, of course :)). I envy your confidence, and am so proud of the way you look at life with the glass half full every time. Your happiness and joy come from somewhere deep within, and I hope it will always shine through.
I love your "crazy laugh" you do when you are tired.
I love the way you can down a quarter-pounder with cheese, and ask for another one.
I love the way you stop and smell the flowers.
I love that you are a true protector of the ones you love.
I love the freckles you got from your daddy.

I love that you wanted a superhero birthday party.
I love your free spirit
and your love of art.
I love your unique sense of style
I love that you beg me to park the car in the preschool parking lot so you can yell goodbye to ALL of your friends as they exit the door.
I love that you share my love for baking.
I love that you are instant friends with everyone you meet.
I love the special bond you have with Samson. I think he loves you the most of anyone.
I love that you crave fresh air ...
and adventures
and love dirt and worms ...
and splashing in the rain.
I love your determination, your concentration, your big huge heart full of smiles.
Audrey Hepburn once said, "Happy girls are the prettiest..." (If this is the case, you are the most beautiful of all.) "...For Beautiful eyes look for the good in others; for beautiful lips speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." I walk beside you, but more importantly, God goes before you and behind you and beside you at all times. You are never alone. May your true confidence come from a deep understanding of how much He loves and cherishes you. I can tell you are beginning to understand this by the way you pray- genuine true prayers from the heart. I am sure God's heart smiles even more than mine when He hears your prayers. I'm so thankful that he chose me to be your mom.
Life is a balance of holding on and letting go. I hold on to your sweet snuggles (your "mama, hold me!" moments), your giggles, and all of our fun adventures, but I'm also excited to "let go" as you enter kindergarten in a few short weeks.
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. If I know anything about you, it's that you have lots of courage. I pray that you would stay true to who God made you to be. Just be you, not anyone's idea of who you should be (including mine). Nothing would make me more proud than to see you discover and use the unique gifts God gave you. I look forward to watching you discover what those are.
Proverbs 15:13 says, "A happy heart makes the face cheerful". You are a little message we send out into the world- daddy and I pray that you will continue to be a message of joy and strength to a world that needs more people just like you! May you continue to believe there is good in the world, but more importantly may you be the good in the world.
Happy 5th birthday!
Love, mommy




















No comments:
Post a Comment