

Wow, these last few weeks have flown by! Do I always say that?? Maybe it's just this stage in life, but it goes ridiculously fast! My little man is almost 4 and my baby girl is now a toddler!! But oh well, I'll stop complaining because life is good :)
If you know me very well, you'll know that I'm really into recycling~ so earth day was super fun! Here were some of our activities:
Watering flowers:

We also discovered that they have a firefighters museum-
Caleb's question was: "Excuse me Mr. Fireman! I have a question! Is that your coat?" hah...
We went inside for a while to do storytime and play games with the other kids. We all know that our kids don't know a stranger. As we were walking out, Caleb saw an older man with a bag of Cheetos and said, "Hey! May I have one of those??" He totally gave one to him, and he ate it....that's our Caleb!
Afterwards, as we were all starving, kids melting down, of COURSE we have to pause to fix a flat tire! Good thing we had the manly men with us~ Jessie and I would have resorted to getting the firemen to help us if we were alone!
We also had a super fun visit with our friends Andy and Alli. Caleb and Ellie had a blast playing with Mason and Brody :) Pizza, friends, toys- it doesn't get much better than that!
Caleb's friend Rance, who lives a few houses down, got a pretty sweet birthday present this year, and we had to go check it out! An Escalade Powerwheels!
I must say, this is a pretty sweet ride...and really FAST- it could literally take a person out! It was hilarious to watch. The license plate reads: LVNLRG! LOL!!!
As many of you know, our kids are early risers, especially Caleb! He often sneaks into our room in the morning and wants to snuggle and read his library books in our bed~ who can resist this? (and it buys us some extra sleep time, which is worth every minute!!) 
Caleb had his second go-round with the Children's Joyful Noise Choir at church. I think he was more interested in the musicians than actually singing, but it was precious!

The Friday and Saturday before Easter, we went to Emporia to stay with Grandpa Fred and Grandma Sally- always a highlight!
Off to the park:
And of course, some Easter goodies!
I hope that you all had a blessed Easter. Our family had one of our best Easters yet. Not only was the weather nice, but we had the opportunity to have lunch and to spend the day with several friends from church! It was a day we will not forget, as we were truly touched by the generosity of our friends.Delicious, delicious lunch!!!
Easter egg hunt! Ellie was totally into it this year, and had to open each one as she found them:
During lent this year, we made a set of "Resurrection Eggs" and the kids LOVED it! (Here is the link to the pattern we used: htp://cullensabcs.com/easter-story-resurrection-eggs-activity/)
It was touching to see Caleb tell the story; even Ellie joined in, waving her hands and shouting "Hosanna!" when Caleb told about Jesus riding into Jerusalem on the donkey!
As our celebration of Easter Sunday still lingers in our hearts, we have reminders all around of God's new life! We have so much to be thankful for, including this new little life~

No comments:
Post a Comment