

Hey friends! Man, am I ever thankful for a warm house these days! We have had some snow drifts like nobody's business! Poor Samson could not get out the back door for days! But the kids really enjoyed playing in the snow, even though they were so bundled up they could hardly move :) Ellie kept getting stuck in the snow and falling down, but she couldn't get up so she would yell, "UP!!"



Ellie knee-deep in snow!

We have found many fun things to do while being stuck inside! Here are a few:Play-doh! Caleb and I made a green doggie and a pizza:
Jam session:
New hairdo:
The kids have been SO helpful around the house. They especially love the dishes:
Grandma Marcia came over, too!! And she came bearing Valentines, including little doggies that the kids are obsessed with!! Here is Ellie kissing hers (She named him "sam") and Caleb named his "Buscuit" hah!
Being silly:Can I just say also how awesome my husband is? Now that I am working for our church, I work on Sunday mornings, and Dan has taken on the role of getting kids around, ready for church, and there on time- for example, here is his Sunday morning: get kids out of bed, dressed (sounds easy, but have you ever tried to dress a wriggly rolly-polly 18 month old who woke up on the wrong side of the bed?), get to church on time, then he serves as security for our Early Childhood area, goes to church, then loads the kiddies up and takes them home, runs errands if needed, feeds them lunch, gets them ready for nap, and even does some laundry and dishes upon occasion~ all before I step foot in the door around 1pm.....whoa! I'm a lucky lady!
We took the kids to their first movie. Well, actually it was at Crown Center- they were showing "Polar Express" on their big screen. We made it through the whole movie, and they even got to ride a train afterwards!
Here are some pics from our last visit from the Hunnicutts :) The boys enjoyed games such as "swords":And Anna and I got some girl time!!
Our friend Doug is the coach of the Maranatha Basketball team, so we took the kids to see a game. They had lots of fun: Ellie mostly chowed down on snacks and Caleb socialized with all the people in the stands.
They weren't too interested in the game, though! As we were leaving mid-game, Caleb bolted out on to the court (we had repeatedly reminded him "you do NOT cross this line right here on the floor, OK?"). The ref literally picked him up and placed him on the sideline! So much for a discrete exit!
Here's another reason why our friend Doug is awesome:
We are definitely spoiled.Soooooo...mama got to go on a trip! I went with our Children's Ministry Team to DISNEYWORLD!
Best.Team.Ever! :
Many of you know about Caleb's most recent injury.
So, (as Uncle Brig would say: "There we were") hosting an impromptu Super Bowl party. We had a housefull of people eating, drinking, being merry :) And the kids were playing, too. Caleb fell off of his chair and hit the wood floor chin first. Needless to say, he and I ended up having our own party at Children's Mercy until the late hours of the night. I must say, he was very brave, and even came out of the ordeal with "whiskers like daddy" (aka ...stitches under his chin) - 6 to be exact! Caleb made friends with the doctor and nurses (imagine that!) and actually enjoyed all the attention. The doc even left the strings a little longer than usual so they would be like real whiskers. And nurse Melanie sent him home with a Hot Wheels car, an orange slushie, and syringe just like the doctor used. Quite the charmer. We got his "whiskers" out on Friday. He wanted to save them in a bag to show daddy. Daniel was so proud, he took him to IHOP this morning to celebrate how brave he was! (and lil sis got to go, too :))
Well, that's enough for now! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment