So, a whole month has passed- where do I start?? Halloween was fun!! Caleb and Ellie were both really excited to go trick-or-treating. Caleb was really into the candy this year, too..haha...we had to keep telling him to say "Trick or Treat" instead of "I need candy!", and after they would give him a piece, he would say, "Um....I think I need another one!" Needless to say, we had to give away a lot of his stash and hide the rest :)
My little punkin and giraffe!
The day before Halloween, we went with the Brooks' to Bass Pro for a Halloween party. The kids had fun, and especially liked the fish and the ATV's outside...
Then Jessie and I took all 5 kids to IHOP to get "make your own scary face" pancakes- you should have seen the aftermath..haha! Pretty sure neither one of us got a word in!Caleb is SO excited about the Halloween goodies that Grandma Marcia brought!!
Another pic from the Hunnicutt Pumpkin Patch :) We had another fun visit with them recently, too!
Her favorite thing to do is run away so we will chase her, and to hide behind her bed. When we find her hiding she just starts giggling!On a not so fun note, we have all been sick with some flu/cold/sinus/ear infection stuff! The kids are much better now, but I am still trying to get rid of it :( Ellie actually had an ear infection for over a month, and after two rounds of antibiotics she still had fluid on her ears, so we took her to the ENT. They did a hearing test and they said she was hearing worse than if she had foam earplugs in her ears! Poor baby!! They were surprised that she is talking as well as she is. Anyway, after that we decided to get tubes in her ears (just like Caleb had) and so we got that done last week. She is doing fine, and seems to be feeling much better now! We are praying that this takes care of the problem. Here she is in her little gown getting ready to go in!
One of our favorite things to do when Daddy has class on Tuesday nights:
Food and ice cream and lots of playing at Chick-fil-a!I have been SO amazed at how well Caleb remembers everyone's names! He knows all his teachers at school and church, classmates, and even knows the other preschooler's parents! Such a social little man. If he doesn't know someone's name, he will ask, "What's you name?" and he will not forget! I think it is super sweet :) One thing I have really enjoyed about my new schedule is getting to spend time with the kids in the mornings. It is so great on my days off to let them sleep in and wake up on their own time (usually this means 6:30 or 7am...yes that is sleeping in around here!). They are in such great moods and smiley and fun! Caleb gets out of bed and scampers down the hall with the biggest smile on his face and if Ellie isn't up yet, we get to play games like "Hi Ho Cherry-O" and "Chutes and Ladders"- he loves it! Then we will hear Ellie playing in her bed and we go up and get her to join in the fun. Such sweet moments!
We have been so proud of Caleb's new writing skills! He can write most of his letters now, and can even write his name (if we remind him of the letters). It's very cute! He likes to make letters out of all his snack crackers, too :) I am so glad he loves books and reading- I hope he stays that way! Recent trip to the library:
Fun playdates! Caleb and Daisy being silly!
He let them polish his teeth, count them, and check them (got an A+) and then he got a special bag with a new toothbrush and flossers. Both kids were asking to brush and floss ALL day!
One last note, I will share Caleb's latest funny statement. Yesterday morning at breakfast: "Someday I'm gonna have whiskers like daddy!" Today potty training, tomorrow whiskers! Yikes! I think we will stick with getting him in big boy undies for now, and worry about facial hair later...much later...Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment