Hey everyone!!!! L O V E the summer weather:)) We have been trying to spend as much time outside as we can and it is so great to have the fresh air coming in through the windows. Caleb is having a blast on his swingset and playing with his friends outside at preschool. Every day when I pick him up he is outside with his friends playing games and running around. He comes home with so much sand and dirt on him it is unbelievable. We have to go straight to the bath most days!! That is a sign of a GOOD day! On Monday he came home and took off his socks and shoes and piles of sand came out all over the floor...then we went up to take a bath and there were tons of small pebbles in his diaper- haha! It took a good 20 minutes to get all the sand out of his hair and the bathtub had a complete layer of sand at the bottom. I am not sure where he had all of it hidden.
Here we are all clean!!
Doing a little "swimming"- hopefully this will prepare him for this summer- we are hoping he will like the pool this year!
Ellie is getting more independent by the day! She loves to roll and move all over the floor (mostly backwards) and explore things.
Her favorites are cell phones, cheerios, and credit cards- yes, she loves credit cards- if she sees one she yells until you give it to her and she won't let go for anything. Not a good sign :)) See below: This is grandma's credit card....
We had a fun visit from Grandma and Grandpa Hubbard and Uncle Ryan and Uncle Thomas (and Solow) a few weeks ago. The highlights for Caleb were:
Bowling:
The Easter Bunny came to our house this year...her name is Ellie!!!
Here is a pic of our Easter Egg hunt we had prepared when they got home:
Grandma Marcia came over, too, and brought some super-cute Easter goodies:
Caleb especially loved the Starburst Jellybeans (naturally!), and when I wasn't looking he snuck one and ate the entire thing really fast (before I even noticed!) A few minutes later he came up to me and said "I full!" and was looking a little strange...before I knew it, he spit up a HUGE ball of chewed-up jellybeans. ew! His little tummy did not appreciate the huge quantity of sugar :) We are keeping better tabs on the candy now...haha. Speaking of candy, we are bribing Caleb to use the potty now with his favorite "gummies" and it works- sometimes. Today he pooped in the potty and I almost didn't believe him. He was sitting on the potty and he kept saying "I pooped" but there was nothing there. So I went downstairs to finish feeding Ellie and he said it again, so I am thinking "yeah right" but I went up there and, sure enough, it was there! So we had a celebration, complete with "four gummies" per Caleb's request.
Here is a pic of Caleb's cool new haircut- I always get a little sad when he gets a haircut because he looks like such a big boy!!!
Before:
Daniel and I, along with our community group, participated in our annual "serve day" last Saturday. We helped with a landscaping project for Habitat for Humanity- it was hard work, but so much fun, and a beautiful day!!
Well, we are headed outside soon, so have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment