OK, I'm not gonna lie, its been a rough week. This is my second week back to work. Last week went surprisingly well, despite the daycare fiasco- the day before I was supposed to go back to work Ellie's daycare provider called at 3pm to tell us she was sick and could not watch Ellie on Monday! So it was mom to the rescue (both of our mom's willingly offered to drive down and help). Dan's mom came for the day and watched the kids, which was so nice, and it made it easier for me to go back, too. I got home, and the kids did great- and the house was picked up, kitchen cleaned, dishes and laundry done, and Sally and Caleb baked some blueberry muffins- I could definitely get used to that!!!
I think this week it is all catching up to us! I feel like our lives are so chaotic lately!!! Dan's hours are a bit crazier than we expected so there are times when one of us has to get both kids up and around and to daycare and preschool- all by about 730am. Yikes...and not to mention, we spent 4 hours in urgent care Tuesday night with Ellie (and Caleb) because she had a fever. Everything is fine now, they just took extra precautions b/c she is so young. It is always such bad timing, though- I called the doc to ask them how much Tylenol to giver her for her low grade fever, and they took forever to call back. So I went for a run and told Dan to take a message if the nurse called back- I was halfway through my run and I ran by the house, only to see Dan in the driveway motioning me in and he said we had to get her looked at that night- SO.....I left the half-baked meatballs in the oven and we packed up the kids and headed to Children's Urgent Care.....we had no I idea we would be there for so long, and Caleb was hungry and restless and so the nurse gave him some apple juice. Usually we water his juice down, so when he tasted the real stuff, he LOVED it and was on a total sugar high for about an hour, bouncing around the room and trying to push the red emergency button on the wall. We vowed to NEVER take both kids again, or to at least bring some food :) We are thankful she is doing fine and the fever hasn't come back so that is great.
This morning I was in charge of getting the kids around (Dan left at 6am) so we were rushing to get out the door. By the time we got in the car I was already worn out, and after dropping Ellie off, I had just enough time to get C to preschool and get to work by 8. WELL......I guess there is a random short stretch of road that is a 25mph zone on the way to preschool, and, just my luck, I got PULLED OVER! and got a ticket- the funny thing was that C thought the whole thing was really fun and we were sitting in front of the cop car with lights flashing- right next to the entrance of the school~ a nice spectacle for all the other parents dropping their kids off. Needless to say, I am glad it's Friday.
On a better note, look at this precious girl!!!!!!
She has been sleeping so well! Up to 11 hours at night now (not every night, but quite a few!!) I still haven't been sleeping real well, because I keep going in to check on her, thinking "why isn't she waking up???" haha....AND because our baby monitor is going haywire- we hear other babies crying on it...wierd! There have been several times when I hear a baby crying on the monitor and so I will go in to her room and she is fast asleep- it must be picking up someone else in our neighborhood. So, FYI, if you are using a baby monitor, don't say anything you don't want your neighbors to hear :)
Ellie is discovering her hands too- and loves to suck on them and move them in front of her face :) And it's fun to hear her make little "cooing" noises now...the interaction is nice!!
And here is C, doing his "chores". He likes to feed Sam, but he gets really mad when Samson doesn't eat it right away...haha
He is so funny- he knows how to lock doors, so the other day when he was really mad a me (don't really remember why), he snuck into my bathroom and locked himself in! Then when I knocked on the door he laughed!! So sneaky! And we have entered into the world of "MINE!"...his new favorite word!
He is becoming really creative, too- the other day he made a train out of a piece of cheese and was driving it all over the table saying "chooo-chooooo"!
Well, enough for now...I need to relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all!
Keep prayin' for us - we need all the help we can get :)
No comments:
Post a Comment