background

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caleb is growing up so much!! He likes to decide what he is going to wear, and some choices are better than others (haha) but he does really love his "choo choo" shirt, which is technically pajamas...some days we go through a couple of outfits until everyone is satisfied, and some days I just give up! Here he is today in, of course, his choo choo shirt (getting ready to swipe my phone and make some calls, hopefully not to India again! That was expensive) :

He got another haircut as you can see, and that always makes him look so much older! The haircut experience was a disaster, and involved him crying and screaming the whole time and trying to escape out of the chair and swipe at the scissors. I felt really bad for the stylist (even though it is a kids haircut place so I am sure they are used to it) and I was surprised because last time he did pretty well.

Caleb is naming all of his colors now! And yellow is his favorite! He walks around the house pointing at things and shouting out the color! He is also counting to three, and sometimes to six with help.

When Daniel went to NY for Cameron's wedding (lucky!), the kids and I took a trip to Wichita to stay with my mom and brothers. Mom and I took C to the zoo and he had a great time! It was sort of cloudy and sprinkling so there was nobody there and it was so great! We had all the animals to ourselves.... Check out the tigers!!! The female tiger was walking up to the glass and looking right at us- it was a little scary, but awesome! Caleb actually liked the tigers, but he was afraid of the peacock! I can't quite figure that one out :) We also got to see the elephant training and the tiger training! So fun!

Caleb was just in awe of his uncle Ryan and uncle Thomas and had lots of fun hanging out with the big boys.....and Solo!

Ellie and I had a girls lunch with Stefanie last week. It was fun to chat and catch up and introduce her to Ellie! She brought Ellie an adorable pink hat and some really cute stuff for her room, and some cool toys for C! AND Caleb and Ellie had a visit from their great grandma and grandpa VanSickle, too! Caleb got out his recorder and played a lovely song for all of us to enjoy while they were here (and by lovely, I mean the kind of lovely that only a parent finds enjoyable..haha!) :) It was totally cute.

Caleb spent last weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Linhart, and had an awesome time as usual! Grandpa was working on getting Caleb to say his name, and now when you ask him what his name is he says "Lil C" ...so funny!
He and grandma even decorated a cake for daddy's birthday:

We hosted our community group from church last week and have become aware that our numbers are growing very quickly- we now have (let me count....) 5 kids, including our newest addition, precious Baby Beckett who was born last weekend!!! It is total pandamonium when we are all in one room, and we usually only catch a fraction of what everyone is saying due to musical toys, books, shouting, laughing, crying, and all of those hilarious kid sounds! We are looking into hiring a babysitter!

Other good news!!!! Ellie has slept through the night a few times (not consistently, but it is at least a start!) And by this I mean she sleeps 7-8 hours, which is so great!!!! The first time was Friday the 18th- Dan put her down when I was at a much needed spa party :)...maybe this means I should do this more often! She is just the sweetest baby :)

And some other AWESOME news is that my BFF from 6th grade, Ann, moved to KC last weekend!!!!!!! We have not lived in the same city for over 7 years so we are loving it! Caleb loves his "aunt" Ann! He is really good at saying her name and asks for her when she is gone..so cute :) And he started saying "Awesome!!" which I think he picked up from her being here the last couple days...haha!

Precious Ellie doing tummy time- not to excited about the toys I picked:
She is becoming quite expressive (and dramatic...uh oh!):

Well, that's all for now!

No comments: