background

Saturday, October 24, 2009


Another fun filled couple of weeks have flown by! I have to say, we have had so much fun with our family of 4, but I am SO SO exhausted. Its funny, I can hardly keep my eyes open some days- but just when I am able to take a little rest, something happens to sabotage it! Just today, I finally got Ellie to sleep and Caleb was playing, so I decided to just hold her and close my eyes for a moment....just then, C decided to get completely naked, run around the living room, and say "poop!"...so I jumped up and quickly took him to the bathroom. Instead of sitting on his Elmo potty, he ran into his room, scaled the crib rail, and climbed in and started jumping up and down in his crib, refusing to get dressed....ahh!! No rest for mommy :) After this happened, I decided it might be time to try the big-boy toddler bed, so Daniel took off the rail and as we speak C is sleeping (I think) in his toddler bed! I just put him down about an hour ago and I haven't heard or seen anything yet...I keep expecting to see him peek his little head out and come down stairs, but we shall see! I am hopeful, because he was really tired today. He fell asleep while playing on the couch around 11am- I had to take a picture :)
On another note, he is really starting to do well at preschool. He looks forward to it in the mornings and he is coming home with all kinds of adorable projects. I thought I would share a few with you!
Here is his watercolor ER Doc. We have had experience with this first hand, but I like the watercolor type better :)
(Speaking of ER, we almost had to go there again the other night! We were having a leisurely night with some good friends when all of the sudden "BANG", Caleb slammed his head into our glass end table, and got another cut on his eye! Luckily, it wasn't as deep so we just put some medicine on it and sent him to bed...another scar to add to the collection. )

Here is a birdfeeder? I think? Haha.....And my fave, an "about me" picture. I hope this is the only mug shot we ever see...haha :)I think I mentioned last time that Caleb likes to dress himself, or choose what he is going to wear (or not wear) now. Well, this is the result...I choose my battles with him...haha:Notice the two different shoes :)

And this was his idea:

We had a super fun visit from grandma Marcia last Monday, too. It was great to have some company on Dan's long school night, and Caleb had a blast. She brought some cool new Elmo books which he continually wants to read, and some Halloween goodies for the kids...and some yummy dinner for all of us :) Thank you!!!!

We also had fun making a card for Ann's birthday- and we got glue everywhere, it was awesome~

Caleb eating cereal with milk, just like Daddy

Last weekend, we had Ellie dedicated at Church and we got to spend some time with more family! My family came and stayed the weekend with us, and we saw Grandma and Grandpa Linhart and Aunt Jess and Kelsey on Sunday, too. Caleb enjoyed "helping" make Ellie's cake:

Here is a pic of my latest cake creation :)Pretty Ellie on her dedication day:With Grandpa David:
And Uncle Ryan and Thomas:At church with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Jess:Overall, it was a great weekend, filled with family, and cake, and a reminder of what a great blessing and responsibility we have with our babies!

Well, that's all for now- I am making myself sit down with some tea and a good book for a few minutes.

Just one more pic: Don't you just LOVE baby feet?


No comments: