background

Wednesday, September 09, 2009




Our house has been a busy place this month! We have had lots of fun visitors lately, and being home with both kids has been a total blast! Caleb is learning new things every day (yesterday, he figured out how to hold his hand with two fingers up, like a peace sign, all by himself...he got really proud and came up to me and said "TWO!!"), and he is still full of lots of energy. He is having a little trouble with his sleeping, but I hope this is a phase that will quickly pass! He now loves to jump! He says "JUMP!!" and leaps off anything he can~ his new thing is jumping off the stairs- it started out as innocently jumping off the first stair, then the second, then one day I looked up and he was crouching to jump off the TOP stair! I quickly put a stop to that, but he finds anything from the fireplace to the curb to jump from now :) And in case you are wondering, yes, we have injuries almost daily now! He usually just rubs it and moves on....

Caleb is becoming quite the little baseball player~ every time we go outside, he gets out his tee and ball and bat and practices :) We now have to move the cars into the street because he has whacked them pretty good a few times with the ball. We also had to buy a bunch of new balls because they all ended up in the drain, because he was hitting them in the street faster than I could chase them down.

The kids have also had some playdates :), a welcome break from me I am sure! A little boy named Carter from down the street came over to play. He is Caleb's age, and they had so much fun riding in the cars and playing baseball- Caleb was sharing so nice!! Ellie also had a playdate with my friend's little baby, Brooke! They were oblivious, but we had a great time :) AND...the Hunnicutts came for a visit!! We always have the best time when they are in town, and were so sad when they had to go~ Caleb and Everett had a blast running around, wrestling, jumping, and doing push-ups..haha!

Ellie is such a sweet girl!!! She is smiling now, which is the best! Finally, some interaction :) She is sleeping quite a bit still and is a very peaceful and calm baby! In fact, she is sleeping right now, with her mouth wide open (just like her mama, haha). I took her to her 6 week appointment last week and she is already 10 pounds!! Getting chunky just like her brother did! She has been spitting up quite a bit, so the doctor is having me try a "hypoallergenic diet"....code name for eat nothing!- I can't have any dairy, wheat, nuts, or eggs...which is just torture for a cheese lover like me, and I have never craved a DQ blizzard more than now!!! So, I agreed to try it for 2 weeks so we will see what happens!

Doing what she does best :)......
More pretty dresses!.....

Another big change! Caleb is going to preschool now! He really likes the idea of it (he says "preschool! yaaaaayyy!") but he changes his mind when he realizes that mom doesn't get to stay and play.....it's been a little rough, to say the least, but I am hoping he gets used to it by the time I go back to work.

Caleb's new thing is that he loves to pray! We will be driving in the car, playing outside, or eating a snack and he will stop and say "pray!" and put his hands together and close his eyes really tight...its really cute! When we pray before dinner, he usually has one eye open and is praying with one hand and eating with the other...haha

Here is is "helping" with the dishes. This always results in wet clothes and a huge puddle on my counter top and floor! Good excuse to mop, I guess!

We also had a nice visit with great grandpa and grandma VanSickle last weekend. Caleb kept us entertained by playing his recorder. He is very good at hitting the high screechy notes....lovely sound :) haha

And we will end with a little sibling love.....

No comments: