background

Monday, February 11, 2008






Wow~ another awesome weekend!!! Grandma Janet came to visit (she could hardly believe how much Caleb had changed!) It's funny what other people notice that we don't think about because we see him every day! He is doing this new thing where he wants to touch everything he sees, and he is getting really good at supporting his weight on his legs. We brought up the Jumperoo today and it is hilarious to see him jumping in that thing (he just bounces, boing!boing! really fast and smiles :) It must be a pretty cool Jumperoo because his friends Avalie and Everett both have one, too!! Speaking of them, we got to spend time with the Brooks' and the Hunnicutts this weekend too!!The boys are beginning to be more aware of one another, and Caleb was fascinated with Everett's hair and was trying to get a hold of it~ I bet he was thinking "what is this?? and why don't I have any?" haha! And of course, he had to give a little love to his girlfriend (who turns 1 today!! YAY!) Thanks to Grandma Marcia also for the Valentines- Caleb really loved playing with the tissue paper, and he loves to hug his new stuffed doggie! We are still working on sitting up- he can sit by himself (with a little support from the boppy) for quite a while now. Once he gets off balance, it is all over! I was at Target this weekend getting ingredients for a lemon cake that my mom and I baked (and devoured, of course! That's what mama's are for!!) when Dan called me and said "I just had to call and tell you that your son rolled over!" I have yet to see it, so I'm not convinced :) He only did it once, but maybe one day he will decide to do it again for mom! We went to the dr. for his 6 month check up and he was so funny~ he would not stop talking to Dr. Herrick- he had a lot to tell him about the last 3 months I guess! Caleb is still in the 75th percentile for weight and height (consistent from the beginning!). He weighed in at 18lb 12oz and was 27 1/2 inches!! And he got his shots :(((( I hate hearing that cry he makes when he gets the shot, but he gets over it quick and is doing fine now! For being only 6 months old, he's very brave already..haha! And I was pretty proud of myself, too...no tears for me this time :) But I don't let him look at me when he is getting the shots (just the nurse, so he doesn't think its ME that does the stabbing) then I swoop in like supermom and pick him up and comfort him- so he knows that his mama makes it all better! OK, this is getting pretty long...so I will sign off. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVALIE! And Zach and Anna and Everett, it was so great to see the three of you. We miss you already! George and Jessie...we love you guys!...oh and congrats to George and Anna on your big win last night. It's the last time Zach and I will let you off that easy. Good times...

No comments: