Happy SPRING! / a.k.a. the day before it's supposed to snow again (just WHY?!)
#2. The art of baking. My little biz has been keeping me busy in the best kind of way. It’s so satisfying to create beautiful things, and then see others enjoy them. Here are a few of my latest creations:
#2.5. Ellie has been known to make some tasty creations in the kitchen, too! I love it when she gets inspired! The boys have been honing their chef skills too!
#3. Next up, I'm so happy watching the kids compete again! Caleb finished up basketball, and this is their first year competing in middle school track.
It's been really fun to watch them work hard, try new things, and be a part of the team. And baseball season is in full swing at the moment, too! And with Tessa's gymnastics on top of that, we are SO VERY thankful to have Dan's parents in town to cheer them on and help taxi them from place to place :)
I got to watch Ellie throw the discus for the first time last week. Truly, I didn't even know what a discus was until this year. And to be honest, neither did my adventurous and spontaneous daughter! She came home one day and announced, "I signed up for discus!......what's discus?" Haha! I absolutely adore this about her. She dives in head first and is not afraid to try something new!
#4. Nothing makes me HAPPIER than a warm sandy beach with my favorite people! Even if it means a 15 hour overnight drive in a rental van to get there!
A trip to Santa Rosa Beach was JUST what we needed!
These pics were taken when we had a "girls day"- while the big kids and dads went into town to check out the GoKart track.
Syd spoiled Tessa with a fancy new hairdo and sparkly butterfly facepaint. We found a little garden and a "wishing" bridge. Tessa touched each lock and said, "I wish to be a princess...I wish to be a princess...I wish to be a princess....".
#5. A few grown-up pleasures that make me happy.
Charcuterie fancies on my favorite board (made by my brother John). I will never stop bragging about it. I have the very best and most talented brothers- lucky me!
Also not pictured (obvi) is a nice soak in my bathtub after a long day (minus the mermaid Barbies that have taken up residence in there).
#6. Easter morning, sunshine, snuggles.....those are all my favorite!
#7. Tessa learned to make homemade butter in her kindergarten class. It goes without saying that Mrs. Reves is actually a sparkly unicorn who sprinkles kindergarten with all things magical. Seriously, she can make churning butter FUN. I mean, Tessa can hardly sit long enough for me to run a brush through her hair before school, but she shook that jar for nearly 10 minutes. So, obvi Tess decided to bless us with this homemade deliciousness to put on our morning toast (or eat with a spoon....don't ask me how I know...)
#8. Date nights with this guy. Dinner that I don't have to cook (or clean up!) is always a WIN.
The girls got their turn, too. And of course they each got an OBNOXIOUSLY MASSIVE milkshake (because #dadisthebest)

Here's an update on : Tessa vs. bedtime.
The daily battle.
As a reminder, she told the doctor at her last checkup:
“I go to bed a little later. That’s just how my life works.”
And she isn’t lying. Girl can hang alllll night if you let her. Early bedime is the worst kind of consequence for this little lady. Last week she earned herself an early ticket to bed (attitude), and she channelled her frustration into writing notes and fluttering them down over the upstairs railing.
She made sure to tell me, “Did you see I drew a heart? With a circle and a SLASH?”
The next one said, “I love you but I don’t like you. love always, Tessa”.
You might be asking, so how did this make it on the post about "all the things that make me happy"? Glad you asked!
It all leads me to one of my other favorite things (#10).... :)






























No comments:
Post a Comment