background

Thursday, November 28, 2019


Well, I'm hustling to get another update in before 2019 is OVER! I've been cozying up here at home and getting SO excited for Christmas.  But rewind to fall...

Look at Caleb, first day of Kindergarten and first day of middle school! 

More back to school pics:


Annnnd....they matched too, so that was cute. haha. 

Enjoyed the last of the summer weather! 


Ellie tested our her cooking skills and made dinner for us. Grandma's tater tot casserole recipe, and strawberry shortcake from scratch! 

Approval from the little bro: 

Tessa's two favorite things right now are taking dance lessons and staying up until the wee hours of the night playing with babies and "doing her work" (aka coloring and rearranging her treasures).  She also claims to be a rockstar, and according to her, rockstars stay up late singing and doing shows...

 
She still pays us random visits in the night....last week, she wandered in around midnight and said:
"I have a question.  What does sabotage mean?"

She also told me in the car the other day (when we were discussing the importance of being a kind friend and sister):
"Mom, I can't be kind ALL the time! I'm only HUMAN!"


We finished our main level renovation over the summer- I can't believe the transformation! 





Boys finished up baseball! 




And on to football! First year of tackle-
 

Ever the jokester, William invented "onion spray", perfect for keeping pesky sisters away...

Ellie had a blast again at Youth Front camp!

And we snuck away for a getaway to Weston! Charcuterie, Irish Pub, Brewery, Apple picking...and nobody needing us to take care of them for a couple of days! Bliss! 
 Fun times at gram-grams! 

Learning from the best!
 Check out that catfish!!!!!!
And ALL the baby snuggles!

 Full arms, full heart 

And more cousin LOVE!

 Ellie is officially in the double digits! This girl.  
God knew I needed a daughter like her.  She reminds me to embrace the moment, try hard things, and confidently advocate for good in the world! I'm so lucky to be her mama.
Per tradition, her birthday breakfast choices!

Ellie and I started a mother-daughter book club recently, and it has been a true blessing for both of us.  We are learning about world-changers all over the globe, talking about how we can use our voices and our resources for the good of others, and learning about what it means to be a part of a global sisterhood of women who are discovering how God made us to contribute in our own unique ways!  It's been one of my favorite things from 2019, and I can't wait to see what 2020 brings for our little book club. 

Ellie and her friends were featured on Lisa VanEngen's blog! Check it out here:

 Ellie, you are both fierce and lovely, and it's exciting to watch who you are becoming. 

Ellie and I also got to attend the Global Orphan Project Gala this year. It was a beautiful evening highlighting this KC based organization that is changing the world.



  
We toasted to Caleb's 12th birthday with some of my very favorite middle schoolers!  I love having these kids around! And it's impressive how they can destroy a family sized order of fried chicken! Not one bite left behind! 

We hosted a bridal shower for Kelsey, and I had the sweetest little helpers EVER!  (pics from her wedding in the next post :))




Family Royal's Game! 



We took a long overdue trip to Nebraska for a friend reunion!  These kids have been friends since before they were born :) 



 A highlight of the trip was an abundance of frogs- 
They collected them, named them, played with them, raced them, and even leashed a few of them and took them on walks! 
It's amazing what they will come up with when given friends and wide open spaces...


Another highlight: family kick ball tournament! 


Another favorite memory from 2019 was standing by Dan's side as Crema celebrated their 10 year anniversary.  I couldn't be more proud of the team they've build and the work they are doing.  It's inspiring how much they care and invest in their people, and their kick-butt skills speak for themselves.  Here's to another 10 years of innovation and making the world a better place.






 The beard challenge was in full swing, too...

 Did I mention how much I love this guy? He keeps me grounded and keeps me laughing through all that life brings, and he genuinely seeks the good of others. He takes great care of our family.  
My greatest blessing. 


No comments: