Summer is already OVER and I realized I haven't posted anything at all abut this year! As the kids get older, I feel like my posts are more spaced out. But hey, something is better than nothing right? I am trying to learn about "good enough" in this season, so maybe I'll give myself grace.
I love looking back at the old posts because I forget so much! So that's motivation for me to keep recording :) This may be a quick fly-by of this year so far...
I love looking back at the old posts because I forget so much! So that's motivation for me to keep recording :) This may be a quick fly-by of this year so far...
Dan and I snuck away for a trip to DC in January- We did a little sight seeing and got to see Justin Timberlake (one of my faves!) at Capital One Arena-
We found Zac Effron, so I obviously had to take a pic with him (for Ellie, of course...)
Ellie Belle got a sweet little haircut!
She's becoming such a remarkable young lady- I love her spark!
She's a budding scientist and still hopes to be an engineer someday. Engineering camp was a big hit this summer! She's always creating, and inventing, and organizing events and games...
And she's a super sweet big sis. My fierce and lovely world-changer is becoming such a cool young lady!
I surprised her with Kelly Clarkson tickets in the spring. She's obsessed with Kelly Clarkson, so she totally flipped!
I also love that she indulges my April Fools jokes!
(brussels sprouts "cake balls" for the win!) haha!
They boys took a trip in February to see their first NBA game in Oklahoma City. Thank you, grandpa, for helping them develop a taste for the finer things- #crablegsfordays #thunderfans
Spring break 2019 brought us to West Palm Beach!! We packed up the van, and headed south!
Cheers to a loooooooong drive! Good thing we had lots (and LOTS) of snacks :)
My secret proof that they love each other:
Sun and sand and ocean and family time!! And nothing says vacay like skipping to breakfast in your princess jammies!
This babe got a hole in ONE!
Our quick stop in Nashville on the way back did not disappoint!
William rocked his basketball season:
We went on an indoor skydiving adventure- the kids LOVED it....except for Tessa: she actually hated it...LOL! But it was fun to watch them FLY
Fishing at Gram-Gram's never disappoints!
And cousin snugs are the best!
We also celebrated Great Grandpa Coburn's 95th birthday! 95 years young!
His walker is always the main attraction- hope he has insurance on that thing! haha!
This little babe is as spicy as ever! I'm thinking I need to get her into theater classes. She can rock it out to Moana and Frozen like nobody's business!
She is so extra.
I mean, doesn't everyone go to bed like this?? All the accessories, all the time!
And she loves all the green stuff! Green smoothies and salads all the days:
We were out to eat at Austins the other day and when it was her turn to order, she asked for a side salad only...and ate the whole thing! #grownuptastebuds
And can we please bring back the phase where she begged to vacuum under the couch daily??
Dancing is her new passion:
She's also my favorite barista!
Annnnd.....she thinks the Old Navy dog is the real deal. In my opinion, it's the best pet ever....LOL
As much as I love this little firecracker, she does cause me the most stress of anyone in the house! You just cannot predict what she'll do next.
Like the time she pushed the screen out of the window, and then carried it up to my bathroom to show me....serves me right for trying to get a shower!
Or when she has the millionth meltdown of the day. The drama is REAL, people!
But we always make it through! I wouldn't trade this crazy life for anything!
(also William's hair in this picture...I cannot)
Somehow this kid graduated from elementary school!
This awesome group of boys walked the halls of Millbrooke for the last time! Peace out, 5th grade!
Caleb and I ran a 5K together, and he came away with a medal :
He also finished up his season with the Fireballs- first place in the league!!
Watching the kids play sports this summer has been all-consuming, and so much fun! Not only do we love watching the kids play and grow, but we also love the lessons that sports teach us about life.
How to win well, and lose well.
How to be a part of a team.
Hard work pays off.
Life isn't always fair.
How to control emotions and remain steady in the face of a challenge.
How to forgive yourself when you mess up.
Realizing that we all have good games and bad games, and learning to find wisdom in both.
How to respond to the leadership of another adult.
Setting and achieving goals.
How to deal with pressure and stress.
But I think one of the best things baseball teaches us is the importance of a fresh start. The way I understand it, a batting average of .300 (which is considered excellent, right?) means that 7/10 times at bat do not result in a hit. That's a lot of failed at-bats. But the beauty of the game is that every time you step up to the plate, the count is 0-0. A new chance, a clean slate. I pray that the kids (and I) will give ourselves permission to step up to the plate, again and again, no matter what the scoreboard showed on the last go round. Some days (or weeks) we just strike out.
It's easy to get discouraged.
My hope is that in baseball, and in life, we won't just stay in the bleachers, or on the bench.
Get in the game, kids! It's worth it.










































































No comments:
Post a Comment