He's even convinced Dan and I to come out and play games with him a few times. He's definitely committed! We've had so much fun watching him play basketball this year, and we are so thankful for all of you awesome people who have come to support and watch him. Even though he acts shy (and gives me STRICT instructions NOT to kiss him in front of his fans), he really LOVES it when he has a cheering section. We're so blessed to have such great family and friends to walk alongside us as our kids grow up. It means so much to all of us, and we don't take it for granted!
Caleb has also been into football lately, often tackling his siblings and unsuspecting visitors (watch out!). I overheard him saying the other day, "Let's play football! But we can play touch football so mom doesn't get hurt". haha! I've trained him well. I'll let dad take care of the rough stuff!
When we are stuck inside, sometimes we do yoga!
Or the kids put on a show :) Complete with aviator shades, cowboy hats, and guns...oh, and a sheriff's badge.
The fun zone with friends:
Family fun nights ...
Caleb has claimed every Friday night as "chill night"- to him, that means movies and no chores!
Board games: (or headlocks...or both)
Bounce houses and My Little Pony birthday parties:
Reading: Caleb is such a good reader now, and he loves to read books to the other two.
Ellie is following close behind :)
Family time!
Or get the plague...
Yes, we endured the dreaded influenza A this year- it hit us hard! Daniel was the first one down. I must admit, I was a little unsympathetic at first, thinking, "there's stuff to be done, and you're just laying there!" BUT, when I got sick, I realized...whoops....this is horrible!! Sorry Dan! Caleb was our lone survivor- the only one that didn't get sick. So glad that chapter is done! I realized nothing really helps with the flu.....except these treasures from my sweet friend Jeni:
We had a fun visit with Grandma Janet and Uncle Ryan and Uncle Thomas recently, complete with video games, nerf gun wars, and lots of good laughs
(LOVE his little nose-crinckle!)
So, Caleb and Ellie keep asking me when we will have another baby (they want 12!) I told them when they get married they can have as many kids as they want- Caleb said he wants to have 5 boys someday, named
...wait for it...
Dingle
Dangle
Wendel
Arthur, and
Archibald!
haah. Line up, ladies!
Three is plenty for us at the moment, as everyday is an adventure. These last few weeks are no exception. For example, being awakened from deep sleep by Caleb, tapping on my shoulder and saying, "Mom! THIS is SERIOUS! Really! Ellie is stuck to her bed!"....what the what ?! I went in to her room to find her in tears, literally stuck to her pillow....her earring was tangled on the fur of her pillow pet. You can't make this stuff up, people.
Oh, and the time we had to call Poison Control for the third time. Yep, pretty sure we are flagged in some national database now. They always ask your name, address, etc. So I was out with my girlfriends when I got a call from Daniel that went something like this: "well.....I think William swallowed a bunch of that flouride rinse the kids use for their teeth." Oh. The bright pink stuff that looks just like kool-aid, in a convenient kid-friendly squirt bottle? That stuff. So, we called...turns out we just had to feed him some cheese and a glass of milk, and all was good. Whew. Another near miss. I think we are up for parent-of-the-year this year!
In other news, I have had the privilege of going on a few good dates lately.
Caleb took me out to his fave spot- IHOP of course :) His only request: that I curl my hair, and make it "reeeeeal fancy"- haha
We got to catch a movie while the other two were at preschool, too (he chose the Lego Movie)!
I had not one, but THREE valentines this year. I went to the movies with these three handsome guys!































No comments:
Post a Comment