background

Monday, December 30, 2013


Hey friends- here's a little update from our little family.

Dan and I have weathered some extreme temperature changes over the last few weeks! We got to spend a week in paradise with Dan's family, then came back to 1 degree weather!  We got to visit Roatan Honduras, Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel (pics below).  We had a blast, but were SO ready to get home and see the kids (after along day of airport delays on Sunday).  The kids didn't skip a beat, they had a great time with Grandma...and I must say, my mom did great too. Here are a few of the things they did together:

(built a fort)
(had a backwards PJ party)

(danced to the singing tiger- he sings a song about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...for real)

(made crowns)

(and got completely spoiled! Evidenced by the sugar cereal on the island in the pic above...haha. Grandparents are the best :)

Here are some pics from our trip:

Day 1- Tampa
Day 2- at sea


Day 3- Roatan Honduras (golfing and exploring the beautiful Black Pearl Bay Resort)



 (my time at the wheel was fun, but short lived.  It turns out I'm not that good at driving a golf cart- shocking, I know)



Day 4- Belize (snorkeling on the reef- it was a little rainy and the water was choppy, but once I overcame my panic attack, I enjoyed it a little bit, even saw a sting ray.  Many of you know about my traumatic experience with the sea turtles in Hawaii.  I was a little apprehensive, and was breathing really fast and super loud; Dan had to tell me "you HAVE GOT to slow down your breathing!!" and the guide was flagging me down saying, "YOU OK?!?!".  Then I had to find the kayak guy to fix my snorkel.  I was a mess....other than that it was greeeeat.....hahaha.  Then we headed to a secluded beach and did some kayaking around the little islands and collected TONS of awesome sea shells.  The entire beach was covered in shells!)


Day 5- Costa Maya- beach break! We spent the whole day on the beach, relaxing, playing sand volleyball, enjoying the refreshments! Life without a schedule is so rare for us these days!


Day 6- Cozumel (America's Cup Rigatta- we raced in the sailboat that won the 1987 America's Cup.  Dan got to use his muscles to hoist the sail, and I pretended to move the grinder- mostly let the guys do the work-...the water was BEAUTIFUL!)




 (after sailing we headed to the port to do a little shopping and found a really cool open air bar with a good DJ, good fun and good company!)

Day 7-Day at sea... (we spent a beautiful day out in the sun, reading, playing cards, relaxing.  Kelsey decided to order "nothing" for dessert at dinner- crazy girl!- and this is what she got....haha)
 (So thankful for these two!! This was such a wonderful Christmas gift, and I really enjoyed spending time together!)

After a VERY long day in the airport and several delays, we got home just in time to spend a nice quiet Christmas at home with our little family.....more on that to come!

No comments: