Happy Birthday!
Over the last few weeks, we've had the privilege of celebrating two very special little people!
Our big boy turned 6!!!!
I
am constantly amazed by this little man. He's curious as ever, always
learning new things. He loves to learn about animals (especially
cheetahs and falcons and anything fast!), and says he wants to be a
veterinarian when he grows up. He's the BEST big brother, so caring and
quick to help his siblings, and loves reading with them and playing
pretend. He has a little (or a lot) of that Type A-first
child-perfectionist in him (nothing like his mother...haha), but we're
working on that!
He
has a passion for music - he has 699 songs on his Rdio account and has
more CD's in his collection than I've owned in my entire life! He's
been "practicing his shoots" (basketball) a lot lately and is getting
pretty good! He and I verse each other in basketball games and he
usually wins (he gets to be the Jayhawk team and he tells me I'm
Louisville :)). He's been practicing his football and baseball with
Dan, and just yesterday, he hit the ball so hard that he dented our
window frame on the front of our house- oh, boy!He's also eating us out of house and home- it seems like he's always hungry! I think we will be putting our Costco membership to good use in the coming years.
Sometimes he acts tough,
But I know he has a soft spot for his mama! He was so proud to take me on a date the other day. He chose to take me to IHOP, held the door for me, and paid the bill (dad may have helped with that one). I loved every minute. He even waited so patiently for me to get ready (better learn that early!)....
He's
been counting down the days until he goes to kindergarten. He wrote a
little note to his teacher this afternoon and has spent two days
sharpening his brand new pencils by hand. I have to say, I think I am
just as excited by this "back-to-school" thing as he is! Every new stage
of his life has brought such joy and blessing to our lives, and we
can't wait to see what this year brings!
The
one thing he was worried about was his kindergarten shots. (Now Ellie
says she doesn't ever want to go to kindergarten because she doesn't
want to get her kindergarten shots- hah). So we went to his well-child
check last week. I went solo with all the crew, and thought, "Oh, I got
this!". Caleb started out so brave- checked out healthy! and is above
the 97th percentile for height (where does that come from?). We always
do the shots at the end, so by that time, the kids were really getting
restless. William was throwing a fit because he couldn't play in the
doctor's trash can- EW! (you know, the kind of fit where he is arching
his back, throwing his head around, rolling on the floor). So I picked
him up and it was all I could do not to drop him. Ellie was in the
chair having a meltdown because I "hurt her feelings"- I was trying to
talk with the doctor, so I ignored her incessant (and increasingly
forceful) "tapping" on my arm and asking for applesauce and granola
bars. The icing on the cake was when the nurse came in with the shot; my
brave boy suddenly had a weak moment and he literally jumped up off the
table and ran out.the.door. Seriously. I was left standing there with two crying kids wondering "What the heck
do I do now?". The nurse chased him down and coaxed him back in the
room. He reluctantly got his shot, and immediately started smiling
afterwards. Then he called Dan to tell him how brave he was....lol! So
we headed home, and about 4 hours later returned for Ellie's well-child
checkup....as we walked in, I just said, "We're baaaaaack!". Not to
mention the 2 hour trip to Wal-mart afterwards to get school
supplies....it was a LONG day!So, the morning of his birthday, he woke up to streamers and a special breakfast (he chose pancakes), and of course got measured by daddy-
Grandma and Grandpa Linhart took him to Texas Roadhouse for his birthday, too (Ellie loved the peanuts!) :
And our little Ellie-belle turned 4!!!
She woke up to a room full of balloons, and she chose a bagel and peaches for breakfast:
Here's her new puppy, she named "Honey Foodie"
She
is so full of life and always keeps us on our toes. She's taken up
gymnastics and it's been fun to see her competitive side come out.
We often wonder, "how does all that personality come from that tiny little body?"
She
so passionate about everything she does (as long as it was her idea!).
She's quite opinionated, and loves to pick out her own clothes and
shoes (the girl loves shoes!). She makes friends easily and doesn't
know a stranger. In fact, just the other day we were taking a walk at
the park and she saw a couple fishing with a young girl near the pond.
She ran over and said, "Hi! I'm Ellie! Can I do that???" They were so
sweet and handed her the fishing pole-
She even caught a little fish :) I didn't even have to touch the worm, so I was happy with that!

She's very nurturing, and loves caring for babies and helping me in the kitchen. She can be such a great little helper
But don't let her fool you- she'll be the first to speak her mind and isn't easily persuaded!
She
has a strong and confident personality, and I'm so proud of her
determination and zest for life. And there's nothing cuter than seeing
her little self standing at the top of the stairs asking for another
kiss and a snuggle.
We
celebrated both of their birthdays with a Wild Kratts themed bash at
the pool! There's nothing better than celebrating with great friends and
family- thank you to everyone who helped make the day so special!


We
had the extra-special treat of having my family with us for the
weekend. The kids were thrilled to spend time with their uncles. Caleb
loved being one of the "big boys"!
Will got in on the action, too!
We all had so much fun together!
Love them!

The kids enjoyed getting some new fishing gear, and a fishing lesson from Grandpa David:
All in all, the weekend went great! The best part was spending time with the people we love!!

























No comments:
Post a Comment