background

Friday, August 09, 2013

All About Daddy.

A father's day post...a little past due

Yes, father's day was about 2 months ago, but let's face it: I'm late on most things.  Ask Dan, I think it's one of his biggest pet peeves about me.  I think after 8 years he may have just accepted it. It's difficult REALLY HARD IMPOSSIBLE for me to do anything on time with three little people + me. (let me just stop and say it took a good 5 minutes to type that last sentence because William is standing on my lap and swiping my hands away from the computer while spilling milk and banana bread crumbs all over the place). I have friends who are amazing at this- always punctual and where they need to be when they need to be there.  I'm so jealous!  I'm only on time when one of these amazing girls picks me up and takes me to the destination- haha. Anyway, enough about me....

We loved celebrating Father's Day this year- the kids were really in to it.  They have the best and coolest dad, and they know it! They are SO proud of him, and love spending time with him. He's definitely the "cool and fun" parent.  In fact, Caleb just asked, "When will daddy be home??" He calls and sends texts to him all the time (and Dan is such a good sport about it, as I'm sure it's a bit excessive sometimes! haha). Sidenote: Yes, Caleb does know how to text, so if you receive one, you have fair warning- it can be a little confusing because he sends them from my phone :). 

I asked the kids what they loved about daddy, and here is what we came up with:



 A few other goodies:


He's definitely THAT dad. 

The coach waiting for Caleb to cross home plate:  

 With a soft spot for his little girl, always willing to give a snuggle or hug, or keep her warm at the rainy baseball game:
 The one who get's just as excited about the nerf guns as Caleb...(maybe more):

The creator of our birthday tradition- without fail, he measures each one of the kids on the morning of their birthday, and records it on their doorframe:

He's THAT dad- the one that gets excited to come home and see us, plays baseball with the kids after a long day at work (sometimes without even changing out of his dress shoes), brushes Ellie's hair after every bath (no easy task), wrestles & snuggles, reads & teaches, unconditionally loves their mommy (also no easy task),sets good boundaries and stands by them, runs 12-mile obstacle courses and jumps over fire (I witnessed it), ensures that I continue my streak of never having operated a lawnmower, builds decks and grills burgers, reads the Bible and prays faithfully for our family, keeps us emotionally grounded,

and he's a pretty darn good husband!

 We love you!!

 

P.S. In the time it took to write this, William got out the giant stamp pad and stepped all over it in his white socks, then colored his stomach with markers and hit Caleb in the head with a play sword; Caleb got the curtain rods from under my bed and used them as fighting sticks, Ellie is skating around the kitchen floor with my oven mitts on her feet, and I heard Caleb and Ellie say, "Hey, let's go get on mommy's bed and fight like lions."....can't wait till Daddy gets home!!

No comments: