background

Saturday, June 30, 2012


Hey friends! Happy summer~  Here's an update on our crazy life :)  And by crazy I mean incredibly blessed!

Where do we start? We had a super fun trip to Deanna Rose a while back.  They were ornery as ever, but the best of friends, as always-
 
Caleb was SO excited to ride the horse.  We almost had a crisis when his ticket blew away in the wind, but luckily we retrieved it.  And to him, the 30second trot around the circle was worth all the cash I had in my wallet- hah.  Funny thing is, all he can remember is the fact that the horse pooped. Of course!

 We loved celebrating Mother's Day with our families!  This Mother's Day was especially meaningful because we dedicated William at church that morning.  A slight camera malfunction prevents us from documenting it with pictures (read: check the batteries before leaving the house next time), but it went great.  William was perfect, Ellie loved being on the stage and was tiptoeing to the edge just inviting us to enter into a power struggle with her (Ellie being strong-willed? Never!),  and Caleb just wanted to talk on the microphone.  All jokes aside, it really was a memorable moment for us.  We acknowledged our desire to create an environment in our home where our kids can experience the love of God, and we are so blessed to partner with our church family as we learn what it means to be godly parents.

After church, we went to lunch with the whole bunch!

(the girls)






(Getting silly!)
Grandma and Grandpa Linhart

 Check out my mother's day gifts! Hand-made from my loveys-
 My favorite boys!!!
 One of our other favorites is having picnics in the front yard! It's amazing what a difference a little fresh air will make.  But let me clarify: 100+ degree heat does not qualify as "fresh air", so we have not been doing this recently. It was fun while it lasted though!

 So in my last post I talked about Caleb's recently-discovered talent: climbing.  I don't know how he does it!  Here are a few of his latest climbing feats...

 
This one scared me to death! I came out to the back yard to find this.  All his idea.
 We tried to beat the heat by having our own "Linhart Splash Day".  It was a big hit!


Will Snoozed!
More outside fun!
 

(Yes, we've discussed the dangers of car-surfing)

Pool day! (Ellie is looking tough sporting her tat)

I got to take Ellie to the Culture House Dance performance of Cinderella- and she was absolutely mesmerized! I was expecting her to lose interest after the first few dances, but I practically had to drag her out of there!  She still asks daily if we can go see Cinderella again.  She has been practicing her ballet moves, too :)
 
And here's her "ballerina bun" hairdo

Caleb had western Day at school!

We took a trip to the dentist and we're happy to say that he's in the "Cavity-Free Club" again! Woot!
(Ellie thought it was all fun and games until I mentioned that she got to sit in the dentist chair when she turned 3.  Instant tears! She kept saying, "I don't want to be three!! I'm TWO!"

Speaking of growing up, I found her reliving her glory days - hah, too bad she didn't like this when she was an infant (none of my kids liked the swing!..until now I guess)


My big girl got a haircut again last week, too.
Before:
(after)

Fun with Dad at Wonderscope!


We LOVED our trip to the Berry Patch with Ann and Sarah.  We strapped on our buckets and spent a good hour picking sweet blueberries right off the bushes.  We might have tasted a few berries during the picking extravaganza.  Caleb had the most, I think.  I didn't realize this until we got home and I heard him say, "My tummy hurts"....you guessed it- out came about a gallon of blueberries.  Then he was fine! However, he did not partake in the blueberries the rest of the week.  I don't blame him.  They don't taste quite as good the second time around.


William has had all kinds of accomplishments in the last month or so! He is sitting up so well now, trying to cut some teeth (we have yet to see them but know they are coming soon!), and is so close to crawling.  He gets up on his hands and knees and just rocks and rocks, but he usually just ends up moving backwards. 

Crawling is SUCH hard work!
 
As always, we are trying to re-direct him from his trusty little friend (his thumb), but sometimes I catch him sneaking a taste.....

He's trying all kinds of new foods:


Including puffs :)

And he still loves his daddy the mostest-
 

So this is what happens when we get bored being inside! hahaa.....fun times!

 We also do "chores"!

Surprisingly, the kids like doing chores lately.  They think it's a game- then they try to cash in by asking for treats.  They have just as much of a sweet tooth as their mama.


 Last weekend, Dan and I got to take a lake getaway with some of our best friends.  We stayed at our friends' house on Tablerock Lake (sans kids), and enjoyed two days with no one to take care of but ourselves- it was bliss!  Relaxing, playing games, chilling on the dock, swimming, long boat rides, and lots of food!  We missed the little ones, but they had a blast with their grandparents.  They had been counting down the days for a week beforehand.  When I talked to Caleb on the first day we were down there, he asked, "Mommy, are you on your way home?"  I started to feel a twinge of mommy guilt, thinking, "oh, he misses me so much" and I reluctantly replied, "No honey, momma will be home on Sunday".  Then he let out a big sigh, and said, "Oh, OK.  Good!"  hahaha....I should have known better! It was like a vacation for them, too :)





We also celebrated some birthdays...
Happy birthday to me :)

And Happy Birthday Grandpa Fred!

 Swimming with cousin Kelynn!

Jessie and I survived another race!! 


We enjoyed an ice cream social at church, too.  This is what we like to call a "parfait in your mouth"....thanks, Emily :)
Caleb and Ellie have had some super fun times over at Phil and Katie's house lately.  Ellie has a secret crush on Phil, I think.  She says, "Mom. I have a secret......".  Then she whispers really quietly: "Can I go to Phil's house?"
It's true, they get pretty spoiled at Phil and Katie's.  Here they are making homemade apple juice for the kids:
 
Ellie and her friend Zoe!! Precious-


Oh, and we had family pictures this morning! Can't wait to share.......

 Love you all!!!!










No comments: