








BIG NEWS!! We are now a family of 5! We welcomed our sweet baby boy, William Ryder, on 11-2-11 at 12:49am. 6lb 11oz and 19'' with lots of blonde hair-

He was definitely ready to meet us, and didn't waste any time :) I went to see my doctor on Tuesday morning, and I was dilated to a 3-4 (which I had been for about a week), but was not in active labor yet. So, we decided that if Will didn't decide to come by Wednesday, I would just check in to the hospital and Dr. Peck would break my water and get things started. So, we decided we would get one last good night's sleep before the baby arrived. Dan and I went to bed around 11:15pm and just after I laid down, I started to feel some contractions. So, as Dan dozed off next to me (lol) I kept an eye on the clock, and noticed the contractions were getting closer together. So we decided we should go into the hospital that night. Thank goodness my mom was already there (as we were expecting to deliver Will the next day)- so we woke mom up and let her know we were headed to OMC. We arrived at the hospital and got checked into my room right around midnight....and 49 minutes later- he was BORN! Yes, God definitely worked all things together- the fact that my mom was already in town to stay with the kids (what would we have done??) and my doctor was actually already at the hospital delivering another baby (whew! He may not have made it otherwise!). It's surreal- one moment I'm pregnant and a few minutes later I am holding him in my arms. Needless to say, we are so in love with this precious boy, and I just can't get enough of him!
Here are a couple pics taken the day he was born: (before....)

Heading in to the hospital!

And...less than an hour later....



Brand new!

Getting checked out by Dr. Herrick:

And Ellie had to help, too!

Caleb and Ellie are doing great, too- giving lots of kisses and love to their new baby brother.



They love to sing him songs, too- "Jesus Loves Me", "ABC's", "Hakuna Matata" from the Lion King....
Here were some of our visitors! We loved seeing our family and friends and introducing them to Will.
Grandma Janet-

Aunt Kelsey-

Grandma Sally-

Phil and Katie-

Grandma Marcia-

Grandpa Fred-

Going home!


Not a huge fan of the carseat-

So tiny in my crib!

Today is my first official day by myself at home with all three kids- so far no big disasters! Your prayers are appreciated!! We will have a lot of adjusting to do and sleep deprivation to overcome, but we wouldn't have it any other way- well, let's be honest, we would like more sleep...lol....but we are so excited about our new addition!
We took a trip to the Johnson Farms pumpkin patch the weekend before Will was born- the kids had a BLAST.



And in an attempt to put myself in labor (haha) we rode the hayrack ride. Didn't induce labor (just made me pretty uncomfortable bumping around on there), but the kids had a lot of fun. We picked out our pumpkins, and the kids were not at all interested in the big round ones, but instead gravitated towards the little "baby" pumpkins :) And they found a gourd that looked like Larry the Cucumber.

(Below is the picture I focused on while I was in labor with William- doesn't it look like Ellie is lamaze breathing?...hahaha!)

When we got home, they carved a pumpkin with daddy-




One of the kids' favorite games- wrestling with Daddy (yes, he is under there somewhere!)

I got to go to Caleb's preschool halloween party this year- so fun!

With one of his best friends, Logan:

Both of his BFF's- Logan and Kellen-


Halloween Story Time at AngelBabies Boutique- in costume!

Trick-or-treating!


I'm glad Will decided to wait until after Halloween to make his grand entrance- the kids were SO excited to trick-or-treat this year :)
Well, that's all for now- Little William is waking up from his nap :) Love from all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment