I know I will be thankful for the long weekend! haha...But really, Dan and I are just in love with our little family- its funny how something can be so so exhausting and so rewarding at the same time! We often wonder if we will ever feel rested again :/ Speaking of rest, Caleb is officially in is "big boy bed" now! The transition was surprisingly smooth. I worried and dreaded it for months (just sure that he would be roaming the house all hours of the night) but he is content to just stay in his room and play until he gets tired. Every night we find him asleep in random places in his room, and we never know what state his room will be in. His new thing is getting up and scurrying around his room, collecting all his books and putting them in his bed, then "reading" until he falls asleep. Before we go to bed, Dan and I go check on the kids and we always look forward to seeing where Caleb crashed each night. I even found him under his bed once! We thought it was so funny we had to share some pics with you:
Caleb, Avalie, and Emmie had a post-Halloween pumpkin painting party. He had a blast:
We have also entered the stage of whining, crying, and throwing fits. It's so frustrating sometimes, and we are still navigating the waters of discipline- it's so hard! Most of the time it makes no sense- there is definitely no reasoning when he is throwing a fit, and it inevitably occurs when we are in a hurry or trying to get out of the door in the morning :
I must say, he is a really good big brother. Here is he reading to Ellie:
Ellie belle had her 4 month appointment last week and she weighs over 13 lbs! She is 50 percentile in height and weight and 25th percentile for head circumference...much smaller head than her brother and alot more petite...haha.
Here I imagine her saying "ok, let's take it down a notch, brother". Its great how calm she is, as compared to Caleb.
Winding up for a ninja kick:
When in doubt, pinky out: haha!
1 comment:
The first picture of Caleb asleep on the floor- on the pillows right next to his bed is exactly like Brenton!!! It cracks me up....but Brenton doesn't actually get out of bed intentionally- he FALLS out all the time! Probably once per week- still- and he has been in that bed for quite some time. We have tried so many things, but he still seems to fall out and land on the pillows. Hang in there with the disciplining- he will learn. :) The unfortunate thing is that he will learn....and then do it anyway.....and then you will be really frustrated! Next time you're in town we should really try to get the boys together!
Post a Comment