SHE'S HERE!!!! Ellasyn (Ellie) Kate Linhart made her big debut on Monday, July 20th at 10:30am! She was 6lb 5 1/2 oz and 18 1/2 in long- a petite little girl :) The delivery went beautifully and Daniel and I are so thankful for all of your prayers- we feel incredibly blessed to have both of our precious children and for a smooth delivery. We could not have imagined it to be any more perfect. The whole process was somewhat surreal this time- we felt much more comfortable with the whole process and tried to enjoy it as much as possible. Don't get me wrong, it's called 'labor' for a reason (and there were times that were far from enjoyable) but overall, it was an amazing experience for us :) I woke up at about 430am with some contractions, but decided to go back to bed (I had been having contractions for a couple of weeks and didn't want to be "that girl" who sounded the false alarm :)) I kept waking up, so at 530am I told Dan I was going to pack a bag just in case (yes, I still hadn't done that yet). Around 630am we were pretty sure it was the real deal, so we called Daniel's sis to come watch Caleb and headed to the hospital. We checked in around 715-730, and the doctor said I was dilated to a 5~ we looked at each other and realized that we were going to see our daughter that day! My doctor was in surgery all morning, so we were trying to take it slow so he could make it to deliver her (sounds wierd, but we knew things were moving really fast). However, by about 930 we knew that Ellie was anxious to meet us. Luckily, Dr. Peck finished his surgery just in time to come in and deliver Ellie at 10:30am! She came out with a head of dark hair (surprise!) and a whole pound smaller than Caleb was. Daniel gave me a little scare- when he cut the cord, she kicked her foot up near the scissors, and cried, and he said, "Did I just cut her toe off?!?!!" I had not even seen her yet, so I panicked "Did you cut her toe off!?!?" The doctors and nurses all started laughing and Dr. Peck assured us that she had all of her parts :) After that, I got to hold and look at my daughter for the first time- so precious! I love the hair (an unexpected surprise) and we decided she definitely has Dan's nose; other than that, we will just have to wait and see:) She is doing beautifully, and sleeping alot during the day (her daytime comes around 3am). She weighed under 6lb when we brought her home, so we are taking her this afternoon for a weight check at the dr. office. Caleb is taking well to the new "Baby ah-lee-ah-lee" and likes to give her kisses. We missed him so much when we were in the hospital, and it is so great to be back home with our boy!






We were so glad to be able to do his birthday party before Ellasyn was born! We had an eventful weekend, so she was nice to wait until Monday :) We had a small BBQ to celebrate Caleb's 2nd birthday on Sunday, which was scheduled for 1pm. At 1130am, we were all rushing to get ready, make the cake, set the table, clean, etc....Caleb was upstairs playing on our bed while I got ready, and he jumped forward towards a pillow, and hit his head on our footboard.....we heard him hit, then came the screaming, and the blood! He banged his head and had a cut right above his eye! SO...we took him to urgent care, then to Children's Mercy, and ended up with 3 stitches above his right eye. Caleb showed up, fashoinably late, to his party about 4pm, just in time for cake and presents, and was in a suprisingly good mood. He doesn't seem to mind the stitches at all.
So, as you can tell, we have had an exciting last couple of days, with lots of new experiences. We are looking forward to many more! Thanks for all of the continued prayers. Love, the linharts.



No comments:
Post a Comment