background

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hey everyone! Well, I (Dan) have not written anything on our blog for quite some time....so I guess my turn is quite overdue. A lot has happened since Easter, so we thought it was time to share all that is going on in the Linhart house. First, Caleb just continues to amaze us everyday. He still jabbers all the time, however it is getting closer and closer to real words. For example, I could have sworn that he came up to me tonight and said, "the wheels on the bus go round and round"! We were singing it earlier and I'm pretty sure that's what he said...;) When he wants us to listen he places his hand to his ear and just stares at us with a look of wonder like he is listening really hard. He also tells Samson and any other dog to "shhh" when they bark. He's also letting us see his personality/temper more and more. I think he is at a point where he is trying so hard to communicate with us, but Mom and Dad just aren't getting it yet. Needless to say, we are in love with our little C.

We also are continually marching along to the due date of our next little one....she is due August 1st. Caleb doesn't understand yet, but I have a feeling he will soon enough. I look forward to having a little girl. I just have a feeling that I will be wrapped around her little finger. Lisa is almost 26 weeks along and is doing great. We'll keep you posted on her progress.

Lastly, for the month of February and most of March, I decided to try my "craftsman" skills and finish my basement. We needed more space due to our second baby, plus we wanted to put a little bit of money into our house. Thanks to my dad and my father-in-law, our basement looks great. The list of updates/stages of the project are/were: demolishing the mini bar and ripping out the drop ceiling; electrical installation including outlets and recessed lighting; framing a new wall and putting up drywall on that wall and the ceiling; new duct work; paint; new trim; new carpet; new door; new storage and a lot of other little stuff. The only thing I contracted was the mudding of the sheetrock and the carpet. I loved every bit of it and it felt good to learn new construction skills while having fun with my family. Thanks to all that helped!

Below are some pictures of things that have happened recently as well as before and after pics of the basement....enjoy!


Lisa's friend Heidi brought her new dog over (Walter) and we discovered that Samson has a twin.



Caleb's First Haircut! He did great....he only cried a little bit.


Before.....


during....


after....!



Random Pics of the C-ster












These are pictures of the space where the bar was, the exposed joists after the ceiling was ripped out, as well as other pictures of what we began with.










These are pictures mid-way through the project. They show the sheetrock, the mudding, and the recessed lighting.














These pictures show the final project, including the paint job, carpet, trim, bathroom and furniture.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm liking our new apartment! We even have our own little living room. Can't wait to come check out the space:) love you guys! Oh, and pretty cool haircut place...sitting in Lightning McQueen and all.

Natasha said...

Love the new basement...miss you guys tons and can't wait to see you in June/July!!! Love you guys!