So then we had to change his clothes and wash his hands about 5 million times (because...EW!). And I decided I should clean out Samson's kennel in case it happened again. So I let Caleb stay in his diaper while I went outside in the freezing cold and scrubbed out the dog kennel. Little did I know, Caleb discovered how to take his diaper off ( I knew this day would come)....so I had a naked baby running all over the kitchen!! So I finished up and washed my hands and went to get Caleb dressed. He was standing at his highchair eating some crackers, and there was a nice big puddle right under his chair!! Another mess to clean up :) SOOOO, as I was cleaning the kitchen floor, I looked over only to see him grunting and squatting...so I RAN over to him, grabbed him up, rushed upstairs, and threw a diaper on him just before a major blowout (I will spare you all the details, but just say I am SO glad it was not on my floor!)
So that pretty much consumed most of my morning, then we went to run errands and take lunch to Dan at work. Our third stop was Carpet Corner to pay for our new carpet which we are getting installed very soon! Exciting! While we were in there, I let Caleb play with my keys, and he decided to push the panic button, setting off the car alarm. I was pretty un-phased by this because it happens alot (the red button is just oh-so-tempting). After we were done, I was driving down 87th street towards I-35 on the way to Dan's work when all of the sudden the back hatch of the Mountaineer flew open in the middle of the road! I quickly pulled over and shut it, but probobly got a few wierd looks in the process by other drivers. Caleb must have unlatched it with the key when we were in the store and it just decided to fly open after we started driving......
Dan and I had a pretty good laugh when I told him all of this, so hopefully it will bring a smile to you as well!
Much Love,
the Linharts
PS Caleb is obsessed with throwing things in the trash can now, so if you come to our house, keep all important belongings in your sight at all times :) Just giving you fair warning....
3 comments:
we have had the dog kennel run-in as well...I know exactly what you are talking about!!
You're putting your child in a cage now? I hope child protective services doesn't see this:)
Thanks for the laugh! :) I can only wait for the "kennel" experience! YIKES!
Post a Comment