Caleb has become quite the ball player, and his games are actually fun to watch now ;) They had an awesome season, and they were THIS close to making it to the championship game!
He scored a few awards at basketball camp, too.
Ellie made her softball debut- her team is appropriately named "Pink Energy"
And William followed in big bubby's footsteps and started Me and Mini-Me ball this summer.
You guys.
I dare you to find something cuter than this.
Oh, these boys.
My heart...
Flash back to the Spring! The big kids participated in Crema's first annual take-your-kid-to-work day, and learned a few tricks of the trade-
And did some skateboarding-
So guess what Ellie wanted for her birthday this year? One guess-
Here's a little Mother's Day/Father's Day photo blast:
Our real life-
They even brought me breakfast in bed! Haha! I always love to see what they pick out. Their ideas are always so telling...because, who doesn't love a bowl of Lucky Charms!? And, interesting cut on that grapefruit ;)
Even funnier was their choice of a "surprise" for me. They knew I would love it. And did I ever.
They organized their sock and underwear drawers! LOL.
They might need counseling someday.
Happy Father's Day!
Our reality- Burnt toast and lots of noise. But at least I get to wake up beside this handsome man every mornin'
The kids are so blessed to have such an awesome daddy!
He's definitely the fun one!
And he can throw the kids REALLY HIGH up in the air (I'd say what wins him some 'awesome dad' points).
And he touches fish....cuz I definitely don't.
Did I mention how much I love this guy?
"Mom, what if my bottom was actually in front of me instead of in the back?"
...or "How come Ellie got two quarters and I only got one dollar?!! It's not FAIR!"
...or calming Ellie's fears by explaining (over and over) that the bug bite she got on her tummy was not, in fact, another "boobie". for reals.
Lord help me when they get to the teenage years. What will they be asking then?
I must share one of my latest MOTY moments (short for mother-of-the-year moments). In an effort to get us all out of the house on time in the morning, and to share the load, I had Caleb and Ellie start packing their own school lunches. After we got into the routine, I was totally high-fiving myself because, yay! that took one chore off of my list, and I was one step closer to training the big kids to be responsible humans- I mean, packing a lunch is an important life skill. Towards the end of the school year, Ellie left her lunchbox in the car. I noticed it after drop-off and decided I was going to just have her purchase school lunch instead of running it back to the school. Later that day, I thought, I'm curious. I'll just take a peek and see what she would have had for lunch today. Because surely she listened to my speech about the importance of a healthy and balanced lunch. And (gasp) I saw this:
Um, clearly I haven't been monitoring this situation. Six jumbo marshmallows and one fig newton. Stellar lunch.
Well, I'm happy to say she survived the second grade!
So, moving on...we celebrated my birthday at the winery
I also had a tri-fecta of lock mishaps since I last wrote. Locks were not my friend this month.
Thing One: I was so proud of myself for going to the gym at 5am for spin class- until I realized I locked my keys in the car. Had to call Daniel, who woke up the kids super early and came to my rescue...I should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle that early in the morning...
Thing Two: Tessa was playing with the keys and locked us all out of the car in the ALDI parking lot. And then she proceeded to push the red button on the key fob and set the alarm off.
Thing Three: William decided to put a pile of wet swim clothes and towels in the downstairs bathroom, lock the door, and close it, thus leaving us unable to get into the bathroom for two days. hmm.
And then Tessa ate my lipstick.
Speaking of Tessa, know of anyone looking for a garage sale helper? She is for hire:
Her specialties include: stealing and stashing the tape and sharpies, taking off all of the little neon-colored price stickers you meticulously placed, and unrolling all the toilet paper while you're not looking!
Oh, and this. Lots of this:
She also loves to assist with home improvement projects. Until you take her tape measure- you should never do that.
As a bonus, she's also experienced in cabinet clean-out!
Any takers?? haha!
Oh how I love this ornery little baby!
First IKEA trip and first ice cream cone-
First bikini :)
First trip to Ohio Days: (she loved the horses)
The other kids had fun at Ohio days, too. It's becoming a yearly tradition that they all look forward to:
Tessa's first trip to Nebraska!
It has been such a blessing to see these little ones grow up together. It seems like we add one to the bunch every year.
Friends forever!
Complete with water balloon launching, fireworks, playing in the mud,
And one heck of a bubble bath!!
Caleb went to camp for the first time. It was hard to let him go-
But he had the best time!
and he can't wait to do it again next year,
We rounded our the summer with driveway "beach" days,
fishing,
baby shower planning with this lovely,
Congrats Cayli!
ball games & family time,
shaving cream wars,
living room jam sessions,
(at least my vacuum is getting some use)
swimming parties,
and more swimming...
(she loves her bubby!)
(this was MY swimsuit from when I was little!!! I can't believe my mom saved it all these years)
picnics,
& playtime in grandma and grandpa's castle.
Oh, these boys! I'm so thankful for this growing friendship-
check out the mischief in those smiles!!
playing hard, and crashing hard!
I got in some girl time with these two beauties,
& lots of snugs with the baby girl
(while re-sleep training after this baby had double pink-eye, a UTI, and hand-foot-mouth- all at the same time!)
And this summer we had the privilege of celebrating the life of one of the greatest men I've ever known. Dr. Peck was a respected doctor and dear friend, and he gave our family the gift of bringing 4 healthy babies into this world. He is so missed. His lab coat still hangs in the office, and I don't set foot in there without remembering his legacy of love and care for everyone he met. Dr. Peck, I am blessed to have known you.







































































No comments:
Post a Comment