background

Tuesday, November 13, 2012







Hi friends! So, what haven't we done in the last month? As usual, the kids make sure we are always having fun!
















We took a trip last month to Nebraska to celebrate the birthdays of our friends Everett and Adeline!

The birthday boy and girl!



It's always such a treat! We partied, played, & pumpkin patched, Hunnicutt style!  And the kids never miss a beat, they just start back up where they left off.....

Ellie was really in to pumpkin picking and we ended up with a whole "pumpkin family".  Her and Caleb had hours of fun with them when we got home.  And the best part- no need to carve them (after all, they were family..)




At the "around the world" party- best party ever :)  Anna planned such fun activities for the kids!


















Halloween was really fun this year! Caleb and Ellie had been counting down for WEEKS, so when they day finally arrived, they were so excited! We had the extra special treat of having Grandma and Grandpa Linhart, Aunt Jess, Uncle Brig, Aunt Kelsey, and little Kelynn over, too! We had a halloween themed dinner and trick-or-treated together-
The kids were really into decorating this year! They loved seeing all their little projects on display.

Fingers!
Mummies!
Princess Snow White!
Dragon!
 








William hated his costume! In fact, he wanted nothing to do with it- It probably didn't help that he fell off the couch around that same time, too....oops. He's getting very adventurous these days.




















So he got to stay home and pass out candy with Grandpa!

Kelynn the lion- isn't she precious??! She scored lots of candy with that cute face :)
 And off we went!!


 It's been fun to see all the leaves change and we've enjoyed the last little spurt of nice weather!
 




  

It's also been the PERFECT weather for some snuggling and drinking "special chocolate milk" (aka hot chocolate- the kids make it in my milk frother and they are getting pretty good at it!).  We love  hot chocolate (with a gazillion marshmallows) and UNO!

Can you think of a better way to spend the day than this?!




Speaking of making hot chocolate, the kids love being in the kitchen! Especially Caleb.  And I love to cook, so it's been fun having a buddy in there with me.  He's been begging to make "homemade donuts" for a few weeks.  I don't know where he got the idea, but I kept blowing it off and he kept bringing it back up.  I tried "I don't know how to make those", and he returned with "Well let's just look up a recipe".  Me: "I don't have a recipe for donuts"...Caleb: "Why don't we look in the recipe book?" Sooooo......when Ellie and Will were napping, we looked up a recipe and decided to attempt it! It was fun...and by fun, I mean MESSY and it took 4 HOURS!  Caleb's favorite part was punching (yes literally punching) the dough after it finished rising.  



                                                            
And they actually turned out GOOOOOD!!!














We really do try to eat healthy around here, but we all love our treats!  And apparently Caleb's favorite food is "beef sticks".  Do those even count as food?  HAHA see below (from school, his "self-portrait"):


Speaking of school, they had picture day! It's the one time if year that mom gets to pick the outfits :) I had some resistance but held my ground. 
 
Dan went out of town for a few days and honestly I was dreading a long weekend stuck inside with cold weather, but it turned out AWESOME! While Daniel and the 12 other manly men walked around shooting things in the freezing weather and slept in a dilapidated hotel (by their own choice mind you), we had sleepovers, pizza parties, games, crafts, hot chocolate, fun at church, and hung out in our PJ's and slippers! We even got to have a sleepover with Ann- there just might have been homemade pizza and tattoos involved-  when Dan got home, he asked, "why do my children have pizza tattoos on their stomachs?" We'll never tell ;)



















The weekend wouldn't be complete without some family music time- and yes, Caleb is winking at the camera!

I think I've posted before about how the Caleb and Ellie like to take random pictures on my camera.  So here are a few of the latest ones I've enjoyed...
Ellie's eyeball
our giant spider decoration...and HAHA Daniel doing some sort of karate move???? I believe he was giving the kids a lesson...at least I hope so...haha 


Here are some pics from the Rugged Maniac race Dan did with the guys.  It involved all kinds of craziness including running through a lake of mud, crawling under barbed wire, jumping over a fire, and lots of hills. It was a beast of an obstacle course, and Dan ended up placing 28th out of 2250 people! He proved his ruggedness for sure.....
before
We were happy to watch on the sidelines!
after!
And now...dun da dun!  WILLIAM'S BIRTHDAY BASH!  Here are some pictures of his "mustache bash"! Happy first birthday Will :)
SO big!
 
 
 
 















We had a little makeshift "photo booth"

 
It's hard to tell in the pics, but Dan went all out and grew a legit mustache for the party.  The real deal.  Now that's fatherhood at its best :)

 
  



 

 
It was SUCH a treat to spend time celebrating with so many awesome friends and our family! The kids are truly blessed to have so many great people in their lives!
 

Will loved his cupcake (of course he did- he's my son...) He put it down like a champ!
This pic sums up the personalities of all three of the kids pretty perfectly :)
 He got so many fun new toys and stylin' outfits:

 One of his favorite presents is a push wagon- he walks all around the house with it.  In fact, it's a favorite of all the kids; they take turns pushing each other, and they get going way too fast!
It's all fun and games until someone gets ejected (a regular occurrence).


He's in the single digits now, folks!


We were all ready for a rest after a fun filled (and sugar-filled!) day :)


 XOXO, the linharts

 
 PS. Here are the most recent "deep thoughts by Caleb":

1.  We were reading a book about bears a couple nights ago and we got to the page about koala bears. 
Caleb: "Actually, mom
-->koala bears aren’t bears at all.  They are marsupials...like kangaroos". ( I had to do a fact check on that one....yep, he was right.)

2.  Caleb: "Mom, when are you having another baby?"(A frequent question lately).   
Me: "We aren't having any more babies"
Caleb: "I want it to be a girl". 
Me: "Why do you think we should have a baby girl?"
Caleb: "So William can marry her."
Me: "Well, we can’t marry anyone in our family"
(*these are good life lessons*)
 Caleb: "I don’t want to get married."
Me:  "Why not?"
Caleb:  "Because I don’t want to kiss anyone!….(a few minutes later)... Actually, I want to get married when I’m 6.  But I don’t want to marry a ballerina or a princess.  I want to marry a warrior girl."

Haha, have a good week everyone!










No comments: