

So much has happened in the last month! I've not been the best about updating this blog- I am transitioning back to work and trying to figure out how to take care of our family of 5 now. My "to-do" list is steadily growing and some things keep getting pushed to the bottom :) For everyone who said it is easy going from 2 to 3 kids, I admire you greatly, because it's been hard for us! You know that verse in the Bible that says, "A wise man knows when his quiver is full"? Well, yep, we are wising up these days! LOL. I feel like I need about 10 more hours in the day, a few more arms, and a whole lot more patience! Oh well, even so, I find myself counting my blessings every day and I couldn't be more thankful that God entrusted these little ones to us....even amidst the exhaustion and craziness!Well, where do I start? Will has been smiling, cooing, "talking", and sleeping through the night like a champ! He is loved by all and we just can't stop kissing his chubby cheeks!

He looks just like his big brother!
(Note to all parents who use baby monitors: we've officially retired the baby monitor- especially since we kept picking up on our neighbor's 'frequencies' and hearing their baby cry and their family conversations- Yes, our neighbors' voices coming loud and clear through OUR monitor and they had no clue- super creepy!)Christmas was awesome-
We spent some time making lots of new culinary creations. It's fun that Caleb and Ellie enjoy being in the kitchen as much as I do. We are messy chefs but the end result is always good :)
Homemade pizza- yum!
These were made in honor of the kids' fave movie, "frosty the snowman".
It wasn't quite what he expected- gotta learn somehow!We had a white elephant gift exchange with our community group- it's always good times when we get together! Here are some highlights...
Intense competition...
George is so excited about his pedicure set and Phil is already using his Justin Bieber singing toothbrush- best.gift.ever.
My family came for a visit on Christmas Eve-
And what would a family get together be without a little home improvement project?Where's Will? :)
Loving his "worm"- this has been a fave of all three of the kids!
We love Aunt Kelsey!


He even ate his milk and cookies we left for him (Caleb insisted on leaving out chocolate milk, but we decided on 1%- Santa himself told us he's on a diet :) and the reindeer enjoyed their snacks as well (oatmeal with glitter in it- from preschool). What Santa and the reindeer left behind, Sam finished off- whoops! We need to think through our placement of the cookie plate next year- live and learn I guess. And Sam had some sparkly poo to show for it- HAHA!We had a really sweet time as a family (just the 5 of us) on Christmas morning. It's been especially meaningful this year as the kids are starting to understand what Christmas is all about....Jesus' birthday :) Dan and I wanted to make it really special for them, so we all had breakfast together and let the kids have "birthday" candles in their muffins.
So, as we were singing Happy Bday to Jesus by candlelight....Ellie decides to turn her head to look behind her (you all know how crazy Ellie's curly, staticky hair can get in the morning, right?)...and...(do you know where I'm going with this?)...yep! ....poof! Hair goes up in flames. I wish I could say I was the one who ran to her rescue, but instead I froze and just screamed. Daddy came to the rescue, put out the flame, and all was fine. Elle's hair actually didn't look that bad, she was not hurt at all, and we got to enjoy the fresh aroma of burnt hair all morning :) Never a dull moment!Ellie loves to "put on her makeup" now. Here she is getting all dolled up for Christmas Eve services at church.

Buddies! (this relationship is a bit one-sided, but she doesn't know)
And how crazy is it that we are swinging and climbing trees with no jackets in January!? Awesome.


These days, we are often reminded of the fact that some days don't go quite as planned. For example, we learned that bottles don't work as well when there is no nipple in them-we were out at a restaurant for Dan's company Christmas party, and went to feed a hungry baby Will his bottle, only to find that we forgot to put a nipple on the bottle-whoops! our fun was cut a bit short that night! Then several weeks later, the first time Dan and I left the house together with no kids, what happens? Flat tire! So, Dan changed a tire in his suit- thank goodness for the Yoga mat :) We've learned to be flexible these days and expect the unexpected!
In other news, Ellie got to meet a celebrity!
And Last but not least, Merry Christmas to me! Dan surprised me with diamond/sapphire earrings...he gave them to me a few weeks early- he just couldn't wait....lol
Love, the linharts.
No comments:
Post a Comment