Caleb is still a great big brother and very protective, but he is beginning to notice that Ellie can now get in his space and play with his toys. She admires her older brother so much and always wants to be doing what he is doing. She crawls over to where he is and tries to play with this cars, trucks, blocks, etc....Sometimes, we will be in the kitchen and we hear her little pitter patter, then Caleb yells, "ELLIE! NO TOUCH my (insert: leg/truck/toy/book/)" It is only just beginning :)
Caleb's new fave toy is his red car that he can drive.
It has a little key and he puts it in the ignition and drives all over the place. Since he graduated to the big car, Ellie has inherited his old push car, and she loves it almost as much as he did!
Congrats to Uncle Ryan for graduating from highschool!
We are so proud of him- a star student and a star athlete, too! He will do great in college. We went to Wichita for his graduation and grad party, and had a great time. Caleb had alot of time with the boys, and Ellie got lots of attention, too.
Ellie was overwhelmed, and so was I! But it turned out cute!
I got the idea from a friend at work who is having a baby this week (who will be named Ellie, too)!
We have been taking advantage of the sun these past few weeks!
We went outside in the sprinkler first:
This is about as close as he would get, even after I tried to bribe him with candy. hah! You just never know! But Ellie really loved the fireman hat she got, and Caleb had a great time playing on the slide.
The whole eating-dinner-out-by-myself-with-both-kids thing was a little challenging, especially since Caleb was being wild and I was carrying about 531.6 pounds of baby/diaper bag/food/high chair/my massive purse/camera/ and other various necessary accessories, while trying to keep an eye on my 2 year old who was catapaulting over the backs of the padded booth seats and saying "Hi!" to everyone. Exhausting! I think the manager noticed that I was struggling a bit, so she came over and whispered in my ear, "can I give him some ice cream, on me???" I thought for a second (he really didn't deserve any ice cream!) and said "sure!". So she took Caleb back to the back where they make the food and let him make is own ice cream sundae!! He felt so special, and it really helped me regain my sanity!! It was so sweet and really made my day- I am even more of a chick-fil-a fan now!!
Caleb started his "Me and Mini Me" Baseball Camp on Friday.
I must admit, our hopes were a little too high- his favorite part was getting to use his new green water bottle. For the most part, it was a lot of pandamonium with 40 little 2-4 year olds running around and throwing balls in various directions. However, there were a few families there that were super serious about the whole thing- there were some kids that were like pro's in training or something- there were 2 year olds with perfect swings, hitting REAL pitches and one kid that could throw the ball from the mound to the plate (yes, I am not exaggerating, he was only 2!) Soooo....with that being said, we realized C is not a child prodigy when it comes to baseball, and he will not be entering the major leagues at age 10, but hopefully the weeks to come will be a lot of fun.
1 comment:
Oh My Goodness!!! Your kids are growing up WAY too fast! Miss you SO much friend and I just LOVE reading your blog b/c I feel like I'm still there and a part of your lives. I miss you SO SO SO much! Thanks for the update! (Maybe I'll hae to start one of these things to share with you guys about us!) LOVE LOVE LOVE you Lisa!
Post a Comment