background

Monday, September 22, 2008

OH MY! We have had an interesting last couple of weeks at the Linhart house. We started Caleb on some ammoxicillin a few weeks ago, and when he was almost done with dose (only one day left), he started running a high fever (103.5) and getting a rash (very light pink with about 10 little red spots on his body). So we took him in to the doctor and he said he had a virus and possibly a slight reaction to the medicine. So we discontinued the meds and went home.....well....by the next day he was COVERED in these red, purple, and white spots and was totally miserable....we tried oatmeal baths, benedryl, topical ointment.....and the kept getting worse and worse, even spreading to his ears and eyelids (every time we touched him or tried to pick him up he would cry). I was freaking out (which as you know is so unlike me...haha, not really, but I am working on it) and we went back in to the dr. and they told us it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotics and put him on a dose of high power steriods, which really helped. So I no longer have a spotted baby, but his skin is really bruised all over and is healing now. He is pretty much back to his normal self...whew!

Daniel has tought him how to do the "touchdown" sign- when we say "touchdown!" he raises both hands above his head and grins! It's really cute, and Daniel is a very proud dad :) Hopefully Caleb has a chance to use his new skills during the KU football games.....or the Chiefs games (in our dreams:)


Grandma and Grandpa Linhart came and stayed with him on Saturday night, and Dan and I went on a surprise birthday extravaganza, as I like to call it. I had been planning if for 2 months, and it actually turned out to be a surprise! We went out to eat at Dan's fave place (OK Joes downtown in the gas station) and on a tour (or should I say, a tasting) of the Boulevard Brewery with our awesome friends. Then we headed down to the Plaza to the art fair and stayed in a really great Bed and Breakfast just walking distance from the Plaza. While we were gone, Grandpa L tought Baby C how to go down the stairs on his tummy! Then he just crawls right back up again, but at least he is not attempting to walk down.

Also, yesterday he started saying "All Done!". It was out of the blue, but I was feeding him his lunch and he just started yelling "ALLLLLLLLLL Done" over and over......then he started eating more food, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't get the concept yet, but it is still fun to hear him say it!

No comments: