It's official! Our baby boy is ONE YEAR OLD!! Thanks to everyone that celebrated with us~ It was SO much fun..and Caleb loved his cake, of course :) Our living room has now been converted into a baby/toddler toyland (maybe we should open it to the public start charging admission- we have told Caleb that it is about time he start saving for his college). It was a great day and a reminder of how blessed we are to have such amazing friends and family. We are truly thankful. On his birthday, I took him in for his well child check up. His weight and head size is leveling off a little bit (we are a little sad to say goodbye to some of his chubbs!)~ he weighs 22lb 6oz and is now 29 3/4 inches. He was scheduled for his shots that day, too, but I just didn't have the heart to make him get shots on his actual birthday- It just didn't seem fair- so we rescheduled :)
On Friday night, we decided to bust out his big-boy carseat (front facing!) and give it a try. So, we set it up in the car and got him all strapped in- he looked so cute just sitting there with his little arms on the armrests. Daniel and I had been looking forward to this night as well- we had tickets to the Royals game, complete with parking pass and two all-you-can-eat tickets (we were dreaming of hot dogs and nachos and ....well, you know how much I like food!). SO, after driving for about 30 min, we were almost there and I looked back at Caleb- Just then, he started coughing and THREW UP ALL OVER himself and the seat- I will spare you the details, but he was covered and so was his brand new carseat (that we found out cannot be washed in the washing machine). Then he leaned his head to the side and gave us a look as if to say "take me home". So, we grudgingly turned around and drove back home :( My mom told me that night that I had been "initiated into parenthood"~ oh the joys!! Good think he is worth it!!
Consistent with Baby C style, he has been trying to eat EVERYTHING! Yesterday, I found him swishing around a whole mouthful of Samson's food in his mouth...yes, not just one piece to test the flavor but seven to be exact. All or nothing...that's our boy! We will add that to his list of favorite foods: Cheney lake sand, carpet lent, Samson's bone, the paint off his crib, windowsills, the footboard on our bed, and many others that we probably don't even want to know.
This afternoon, we spent some time with our friends the Brooks' and the Mason's..and Caleb had a dinner date with Avalie. We are getting very excited to meet Emersyn...I tried to convince Jessie to eat some Habenero salsa to bring on labor, but she didn't think it was a very good idea :)
...a random pic of Caleb trying to play video games~
1 comment:
I love the ribbon on the lemonade... hey, those details count:)
Such a cute little guy. Miss you gusy!
Post a Comment